On Vulnerability: A TED Talk by Brené Brown
Brené Brown, a researcher of authenticity, shame, and courage, talks about vulnerability and living wholeheartedly. You can follow her on Twitter and at her website BreneBrown.com.
Notes from TED Talk:
- Embracing vulnerability is more easily done by those who believe their vulnerability is what makes them beautiful and who understand vulnerability is fundamental to life.
- Believing in your own worthiness of love and belonging feeds a sense of courage that enables you to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart.
- Authenticity – people who live wholeheartedly are willing to let go of who they think they should be to be who they are.
- Have the courage to be imperfect…embrace vulnerability.
- Have the compassion to be kind to yourself first.
- Connection is not possible without authenticity.